Net Worth – March 2007 April 2, 2007Posted by pf in Net Worth Update.
Overall, our net worth went up with a very nice (and I suspect rare) gain of $33,924. This was primarily due a “triple-witching” of receiving my paycheck, annual bonus, and one-time bonus at the very end of the month and also the rebound (choppy as it may be) in the stock market from the end of February.
NET WORTH FOR MARCH
|This Month Mar – 07||Last Month Feb – 07||Monthly Change||Monthly Change %|
|Cash||$ 120,630||$ 105,104||$ 15,526||14.77%|
|401(k)/IRA||$ 191,433||$ 187,989||$ 3,444||1.83%|
|Roth IRA||$ 28,154||$ 27,758||$ 396||1.43%|
|Home||$ 290,000||$ 290,000||$ 0||0.00%|
|Other Real Estate||$ 130,000||$ 130,000||$ 0||0.00%|
|Total Assets||$ 760,217||$ 740,851||$ 19,366||2.61%|
|Home Mortgage||$ 132,643||$ 133,371||$ (728)||-0.55%|
|Other Mortgage||$ 110,484||$ 110,821||$ (337)||-0.30%|
|Credit Card||$ 1,507||$ 15,000||$ (13,493)||-89.95%|
|Other||$ 0||$ 0||$ 0||0.00%|
|Total Liabilities||$ 244,634||$ 259,192||$ (14,558)||-5.62%|
|NET WORTH||$ 515,583||$ 481,659||$ 33,924||7.04%|
- Stock market reversed course from February for a net gain in our retirement assets. I’ve modified our portfolio to more closely reflect the portfolio allocations set earlier this month.
- Received better than expected work bonuses
- Paid off outstanding revolving debt for soon-to-expire 0% APR introductory offer. I have another card with similar terms, but do not anticipate carrying a similar balance as I try to shore up our credit rating for a potential home purchase.
- Completed tax returns – expecting refund that should show up in April
- Started work with an architect for house plans (~$1000)
- I will continue working on my costs and expenses optimization
- I have also been asking myself if I am with the best mutual fund company to meet my needs. I’m currently utilizing T. Rowe Price…but wondering if Vanguard could do better? (lower expenses is primary catalyst here)