Net Worth – May 2008 May 31, 2008Posted by pf in Net Worth Update.
Tags: 401k, average net worth, CD, certificate of deposit, Credit Card, debt, march, net worth, Retirement, roth ira, stock market, what should my net worth be
Well, another milestone achieved as we have finally surpassed $600K in net worth. I had eclipsed $500K in March 2007, and so it took me just a tad bit over a year to make the next one. I’ll take it. Unless the stock market takes off, I am not expecting to achieve the same kinds of gains I’ve had the last couple of months. Gains made possible by a perfect brew of stock market gains (feeling like I actually benefited from some of my investments made in January), year end bonuses, and tax refunds.
Now that we are in summer, we are engaged in the typical activities like yardwork, BBQ, and the ice cream man. As far as spending is concerned, although nothing exciting to report this month, we will have some fairly significant expenditures coming up very soon…not the least of which will be our property taxes. To that extent, I could actually see a drop…bah.
Anyway, let’s get into the thick of it:
NET WORTH FOR MAY
|2 Mo Ago Mar – 08||Last Month Apr – 08||This Month May – 08||Monthly Change||Monthly Change %|
|Other Real Estate||130,000||130,000||130,000||0||0.00%|
- In April I asked “may I order another please?” – the net worth gods delivered
- Well into $600K territory…would like to reach $700K at a faster pace
- Tax refund arrives
- Playing “small ball” with credit cards…not carrying big balances
- Summer has finally arrived
- Won’t be greedy and ask again (although tempting)…stay the course!
- Some significant expenses on the horizon (several thousand) – who took the punch away?
- Investments remain on auto-pilot…focus on family and work
- Stay cool!