Net Worth – Apr 2008 April 30, 2008Posted by pf in Net Worth Update.
Tags: 401k, average net worth, CD, certificate of deposit, Credit Card, debt, march, net worth, Retirement, roth ira, stock market, what should my net worth be
My net worth in Sept 2007 was $555,433 and in Feb 2008 sat at $556,032 for a whopping gain of $599 (I guess I should be thankful it wasn’t negative?!). In March, we finally started to see some healthy movement to the upside. This month, the stock market followed it up with a strong showing that pushed my net worth to $598,677. I don’t know whether it will be short-lived, but a treat to see an increase two months in a row.
In general, April was another quiet month with no major purchases to speak of. However, I did complete my 2008 Roth IRA contributions (trying to buy while it was down…hopefully as low as we’ll see in 2008). Anyway, here is the breakdown:
NET WORTH FOR APRIL
|2 Mo Ago Jan – 08||Last Month Mar – 08||This Month Apr – 08||Monthly Change||Monthly Change %|
|Other Real Estate||130,000||130,000||130,000||0||0.00%|
- Stock market makes solid gains overall
- Completed 2008 Roth IRA contributions
- Fed cut once again at the end of the month…looks like they may pause for awhile. Those 5%+ CDs we opened just before the cuts began are looking better and better
- Reduced credit card balances a bit. I know I had said we were back on the credit card arbitrage wagon. We still are, but I’ve not really ramped up new credit to take full advantage and paid some off to stay well within the limits (I don’t want to be guessing whether or not I’m close and get hit with some stupid charges that wipe out any benefits)
- Did a tune-up on our monthly process of paying bills. A few loose ends to tie up, but much smoother
- April results – may I order another please?
- I’m still not sure about the exact timing, but expecting a one-time payment that all things being equal, should push us solidly into $600K net worth
- Keep plugging along…