Stimulus Package January 28, 2008Posted by pf in Expenses and Savings.
Tags: 2008, bush, fed, Paulson, stimulus package
Although it has still not officially passed the Senate (no small thing), below are some of the details of the proposed stimulus package:
The following are based upon 2007 Adjusted Gross Income (important).
1. Individuals earning up to $75,000 will get $600
2. Couples earning up to $150,000 will get $1,200
3. Families with children will get an additional $300 per child
4. Workers who make at least $3,000, but do not otherwise file a tax return, would receive $300
The package will have an income phase-out:
1. Individuals earning between $75,000 and $87,000 will receive a partial amount
2. Couples earning between $150,000 and $174,000 will receive a partial amount
3. The phase out will be slightly high for those with children
Here is a simple calculator from PBS Newshour to help determine what you can expect.