Net Worth – July 2007 August 3, 2007Posted by pf in Net Worth Update.
The pain continues as the stock market falls. As of today, it dropped yet another ~280 points. I have mixed emotions in that I’m very interested to see the “Sell in May” phenomena at work while a bit downtrodden about my losses (although less than they would have been had I not taken some action). As I had mentioned in my recent post, had I a bit more courage, I would have fared a bit better.
While my recent financial hits from the market are readily explained, what is a bit more puzzling are the recent drains on my cash accounts, running about $2000 or so for the last couple of months. No doubt some of it has to do with paying off the credit card. I will be monitoring it a bit closer this month and see what transpires.
At the end of the day, our net worth has decreased for the second month in a row by ($4700). The market alone accounts for ~($5806) with offsets from debt reduction.
Let’s break it down:
NET WORTH FOR JULY
|2 Mo Ago May – 07||Last Month Jun – 07||This Month Jul – 07||Monthly Change||Monthly Change %|
|Other Real Estate||130,000||130,000||130,000||0||0.00%|
- Stock market – duh
- Purchased new computer monitor ~($300)
- Otherwise, nothing all that exciting. The stock market is…the market.
- No big expenditures planned
- Still need to do something about life insurance coverage…will raise the priority on this one
- More closely monitor expenses to make sure we haven’t “sprung any leaks” I’m not fully aware of / paying attention to