Net Worth – May 2007 June 2, 2007Posted by pf in Net Worth Update.
Well, I must admit, the month did not go as I had expected (does it ever?). More specifically, you may recall that I had gone to a much more defensive position with my holdings in anticipation of a correction (Sell Stocks in May and Go Away: Update).
Well, as everyone knows, that has not happened…quite the opposite in fact. However, although I missed out on some larger gains as a result, I am not complaining too much as it was still another good month where we saw our net worth increase by $15,713.
NET WORTH FOR MAY
|2 Mo Ago Mar – 07||Last Month Apr – 07||This Month May – 07||Monthly Change||Monthly Change %|
|Other Real Estate||130,000||130,000||130,000||0||0.00%|
- Stocks continue to rise, and my portfolio with it. Although I wouldn’t describe the current market as being in an “irrational euphoria”, I still think things are priced for perfection and that any unexpected surprise will result in a good correction. Of course, what the hell do I know?
- I had a couple of significant expenses this month that I had not originally planned on. Namely, a new camcorder (~$400) and a Nintendo Wii (~$300). Our current camcorder is fairly old and we were tired of the tapes, etc. So, we purchased one that has a hard drive. I take some consolation in that we shaved 20% of the price with discounted gift cards that we purchase through a service (I’ll have to post about that sometime soon). The video game was somewhat of an impulse purchase in that they are fairly scarce and we happened upon one while we were shopping for the video camera. The interactive play of the games were really attractive to us…both for ourselves and the kids.
- I finally received both my tax refunds: ~$6000 (Received My Federal Tax Refund)
- I continued to make good progress on reducing our expenses (Expenses and Savings: Cable – “Ask and Ye Shall Receive” , Auto Expenses: Trying to Keep It Slim)
- I got more comfortable with our decision to purchase a new home (Buying A More Expensive House: Good Investment?)
- Property taxes will be due…
- Continue looking for more ways to increase wealth